2017 - Plan: Similar to 2016
2016 Plan - Overview
We are ready to enter Phase 2 at Wild Folk Farm. We devoted much of our energy in the first few seasons to building soil, infrastrcture, and systems and while that will continue, we feel the land is ready to start producing food at a larger scale. Here is a general overview. More to come soon.
- Cultivate, sell and trade 2-3 acres in annuals and perennial plants as well as mushrooms.
- Sell through CSA and in town farmstead. Incorporate Wild edibles.
- Grow an acre of paddy rice with different polycultures.
- Develop and expand the Maine Rice Project
- If grant goes through, test out commercial viability of directly sown rice.
- Raise pigs, sheep, chickens and ducks for market.
- Build a small rice barn on a berm in our paddy system.
- Continue to expand our tree and edible food forest systems and structures.
- Finish our irrigation system and harvesting/processing building.
- More connections and collaborations with nearby communities.
- Duck housing and ducks in the paddies
- Natural building
- Education/workshops trialing
- Urban Edible Landscaping